Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sunday Oneday!

Today was fun.
I got home and talked to my friend "His Daughter" till early this morning; then going to bed around 2:30-ish. I got up around 7:45, ate breakfast, and got ready for church. My parents decided this morning that we were going to stay at my grandparents house while my dad worked on polyurethane-ing the floors we finished sanding. We started packing up to get ready for the big and temporary move. It was after that, that they decided that me and Jeff, my bro, would be going to church so they could finish up...and my lil sister Midge was sick so my mom had to stay home any way.

After we came home we ended up working on the floors more and not leaving our house till tomorrow, Monday. Me and Jeff worked on the floors, sanding, vacuuming, etc. till about 6:30, which is when evening service is at my church...so I didn't get to go tonight, and I really wanted too...but I had to clean up cause I have so much dust EVERYWHERE! (Eyes and ears are the most annoying place for sawdust to get.) But in the end I convinced my mom that I could stay here at the house, using another door, to get inn and out without walking on the polyurethaned surfaces.

One of the things that I keep thinking about from yesterday, was what Gary Murphee, from the Bridge, said,
"There are a lot of different people in the world who just don't talk to each other, they don't interact, they don't speak, they don't do ANYTHING together, never communicate; because they don't think they have anything in common. I don't believe that, I think we have lots in common; for one thing all us in the group think we have a common creator, that's a start. We have a whole bunch of other things in common too, and there is no reason why we shouldn't touch, and that's why we want to be a Bridge."
This really got me to thinking...why do I shy from certain people?, why do I avoid people I feel "uncomfortable" with?, and I think that it is because I have no way to relate to them; but I have some way to relate. No matter who you are, you share something in common with that person...it may be a chore finding out what it is...but there is something in common. And reaching that common ground may just be the tilling of the soil, or planting of the seed, or watering, or reaping the fruit of many laborers...of course I am talking about salvation, more specifically evangelism. You never know what part you will play in some one's life of sowing the seed of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment