Monday, March 16, 2009

Skiing Solo.

Today was my first day of spring break. I went skiing today, it was fun to just drive up to Ellicottville and ski all day. It was kind of a downer that I didn't have any of my friends to come with me... The skiing was pretty good, I was the first one down Morning Star. It was around 30 degrees, so everything was still pretty solid, but later it warmed up. I did some jumps, I am still working on landing, and also overcoming my will and hitting the jumps faster to go farther. Yeah pretty scary stuff. I rode up the lift with a 4 different people: one older couple was from a little town aboot 70 km north of Toronto, another guy stays at Holiday Valley all winter and skies everyday, and the last one was a guy who skis at HV about as often as me.

I saw a Very interesting family while skiing, the ENTIRE family was wearing "spring wear" like shorts and t-shirts and stuff...the little boy looked the funniest cause he had these shorts on with thes BIG HONKIN' snowboarding boots. He is sitting in the middle of the lift. It was pretty funny.

A lot of the boarders were having problems later in the day. The sun came out after lunch and it warmed up to 50-ish degrees; it ended up making like mashed potatoes...about 4-5 inches of mashed potatoes...not too fun...but VERY funny to watch from the lift. It was a very good day, I got a lot of runs. I tried to stay off the lift as much as possible, going pretty much all the way down the mountain before getting on a lift at the very end.

The drive home was not too bad...instead of driving home like the way I came (Rte. 98 to E. Arcade to 36 to 242) I just went 242 to 36 to 98. Which was simpler, since all I really had to do was to keep driving on that same road...quite simple. Fun day. I LOVE SKIING!

2 comments:

  1. man i SOOO miss skiing/snowboarding! i love summer, but im gonna miss the snow, too. sounds like you had fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a ton of fun! Glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete