Monday, March 23, 2009

Classes...new ones...Phys Ed.!

This weekend I was still sick, and not much really happened, other than I helped lead worship with 3 amazing people, which is a LOT of fun. Now I know why Pastor Mike liked it so much. But yeah, that is the majority of the weekend.

Today I had my first physical education classes like EVER! At my school where I attended from 2nd grade, we had gym class, but we did not get a "grade" per say but a...level of satisfaction...basically we pass no matter what, but we might get a bad mark on our report card if we don't participate. Well my class(es) today was weight lifting and karate...weight lifting is a 55 min. class and we did absolutely nothing, while karate is a 1 hr and 20 min class and we did a bunch of stuff. The teacher, Jones, is an 8th degree black belt and is the 6th step from Bruce Lee's instruction. She taught some basic punches and form; in this form the punch is made with a vertical fist and the point of contact is the first 2 knuckles. It was kinda hard to take her seriously, but I should work on that if I want to get any where in this class. There was one dude, about the same age as me that made me mad. He was there showin' off all his cool moves like some jumps kicks and stuff and the teacher, who was clearly not impressed, asked him to stop and he kept it up...unfortunately this is not a dojo and we arn't allowed to spar, cause I would PAY big money I don't have to watch the teacher show him how much he knows...I hate people who have to show off how good they think they are...

No comments:

Post a Comment