Monday, March 9, 2009

Trip to BBC.

I went with my parents and a good friend of mine down to BBC (Baptist Bible College, Clark Summit, PA) this morning. It was so cool...literally and figuratively (it was around 50 degrees and rainy). We wanted to leave at 4:30 so we could pick her up at 4:45...but that didn't happen, we got there just before 5:00 (this is a.m. btw) and headed off on this multi-state extravaganza! We had to be at BBC at 8:45 so we could be plugged into a 9:00 class. We made great time and would have made it there...but we got off the expressway one exit early and it took a little longer to take the back roads over to the college, but we did it, and we were only a lil' bit late! The first class we sat in was Gen. Psychology. I have been taking a secular Gen. Psy. at the community college I attend and disagree with much of what is said..."look at this as if you were an evolutionary psychologist...", to which my response is, "I can't." It was really cool to sit in the class as the subject matter was about intelligence and how 80% of intelligence is genetic..."where does our intelligence come from?" the professor asked. "Our parents." was the general response. Then the teacher said something that was awesome to me, she said, "Who made out parents?" It was awesome to have that confirmation of, "God IS a part of this school!" An accredited college that speaks of God, the true maker of all, openly and frequently! It is not just a facade that is tacked on the name of the school...it is the school!

We sat in a Cross-Cultural Communications class, and that was very cool how Coach John Jackson would show some of the video and then dissect it and get feedback throughout the film (Through Gates of Splendor the Jim Elliot and others' story). He also opened with prayer which I saw a lot of on campus...VERY encouraging!

The tour of the campus was very cool, they have a lot of "upgrades" from what i was last told about. I like the campus, college, staff...that is another thing the staff/faultily are VERY friendly, the student population is only about 530 I think this semester they said, but as we walked from Coach Jackson's class to the cafeteria (we were going to eat lunch with him so her could answer some questions, which was pretty cool to see all that he has done for God in his life) he would greet students that crossed our path, knowing their names and major. You could tell that there is definitely a professor/student relationship much better than that of a secular college.

As we were leaving my mom and dad wanted to stop by the "Underground Cafe" to get a cup of coffee, and a girl just walked up to us (we didn't have the guide with us anymore since we were in the process of leaving) and ask us if we were perspective students and greet us and just be nice to us. There was just so many nice people out there; it was just great!

Our trip home was uneventful compared to the exciting time at BBC...but that is a good thing when traveling 70 mph on the freeway...most events there are not very good, i.e. blown tire, no gas, hit a deer or another vehicle. We ate at the Outback Steakhouse and I was very unimpressed by it. (nothing special really.) We got my friend home around 9:30-ish I think, and we got home shortly after that. My parents left to get my lil' sis', Midge, at my grandparent's house cause she was still awake. After these last 2 days, of going to Yorkshire and watching the video of Mark Zook and today of sitting in the Cross-Cultural Comm. class I defiantly know that the foreign mission field is where God wants me.

In closing I ask for prayer as I will be making my decision of what college to attend (I still have one more college I want to see). The deadline is not until May, but that date is quickly approaching. I greatly appreciate it as I know that I will need it. Thank you, and please comment.

God's,
God's Student

No comments:

Post a Comment