Friday, February 13, 2009

Word of Life trip.

Today I went to Word of Life Biblical Institution. It was very cold there, but an over all pleasant day. I woke up at 3:05 this morning to be at my pastor's house by 4:00, I left a little late and the roads were pretty bad this morning so it took me more time than usual to get there (I had to go the LOOONNNGGG way around); so I was a little late, but they weren't waiting on me to leave, so that was good. It is a 5-5 1/2 hour drive down there, and I was awake all the way (I ended up getting 6 hours of sleep last night).

Most of the ride down I spent talking with Katy and Scott, while 3 other people tried sleeping. One of the ladies from our church gave us a bunch of candy and drink boxes to take with us, and we consumed most of them. I dozed for about 3 or 4 times for about 1 and 1/2 hours...and felt none the more rested. We got to WOL about 9:30-ish and went to registration; we met our guide and talked for 15 minutes before heading over to a 1st year class. At the end of this class we saw our friend Nicholette, who was SUPER surprised that we where there (we left her a message on her phone, but it broke yesterday after falling in a mud puddle...sadness) and she introduced us to a friend by saying, "John! (his name apparently) These are people! (as if he was not aware of that...I look relatively normal) From my church! (Ahhhhh! Clarification FINALLY comes!)

We did have a good time there, and I was sad that i could not spend time with my good friend Ni Fi. The car load of us went over to see WOL Island as well as the WOL Inn. We left to return home at 3:04-ish this afternoon and didn't get back to our pastor's house till like 9:15; it took a long time getting home cause we had to keep stopping. When at all possible, never, I MEAN NEVER, ride with girls in the car, yopu have to stop WAY too much. If guys are going, bring a 2 liter, empty it, then fill it up again, no stops, no prob.

I ended up getting home at 9:30, time enough to get some still kinda warm pizza, and my dad under the sink...I think he was trying to fix something...but it broke...maybe he was just trying to break something then...IDK!

1 comment:

  1. lol. A group from our church made a trip to BBC (Baptist Bible College) last year... three girls, two guys, and two parents. Poor guys.

    ReplyDelete