Monday, February 16, 2009

Snow, skiing, falling,...and God?

Today I had another fun day of skiing with my friends at Holiday Valley. Having only been skiing a total of 9 times in my life, I have been able to land pretty big jumps and the such. Quite fun really. I must have gone down the terrain park next to Cindy's Run a dozen times or so...each time getting a lil better at the 3 big table-tops there. Overall skiing was good...not too cold, the snow was good too, and we skied most of the daylight away.

I fell many times in my attempt to hit those jumps and go places...but just like real life; we fall before we succeed. Sometimes we never succeed at that one thing we really want to do; but that means it was never to be.

After all I did today, I was reminded about how in life, we don't succeed. Yes, I know, I kinda covered that, but stay with me. Today I was reminded of a friendship that I have with one of my old schoolmates. He hates me...plain and simple. For the longest time I have tried to repair this friendship with him, and every time I think I have it right...he cuts himself off from me, and alienates himself. I see that if I want a change in him; I cannot make it. I need to rely fully on God to make the change.

1 comment:

  1. God will make a way
    Where there seems to be no way
    He works in ways we cannot see
    He will make a way for me
    He will be my guide
    Hold me closely to His side
    With love and strength for each new day
    He will make a way He will make a way

    ReplyDelete