Thursday, February 12, 2009

Starting out...

I have wanted to blog for a while now, but never really knew were to go. This works I guess...I'll tell you a little about what I did on Wednesday. I woke up about 6-ish to take a shower and all that; but I didn't have class today, so I left to go skiing at Bristol Mountain, it was pretty icy, but warm, around 50 degrees. Most of the double diamond trails were closed because of lack of snow or the high school girls' racing stuff.

It was me and some friends, Jac, Brad, Jordan (who is the only one that doen't ski, he snowboards), and their mom; we raced quite a bit (my legs are still feeling it); I love the trill of speeding down the hill knowing That I'm not that good and one wrong move will pretty much send me flying out of control. I found that I enjoy racing other people, even if I know I can't win! I could still beat Jordan, Jac, and their mom...but not Brad, he's been skiing for many more years than me; seeing as i have only skied on full year now (which translates into about 8 times actually skiing).

I fell twice in the same spot in an attempt to get an edge on Brad. My ski broke halfway though the terrain park...well...not my ski really, but the brake that normally resides under your boot, yeah, that fell off. The guys at the lift helped me out; they fixed it so i could at least finish out a couple slopes before we left. Well we all skied from 9 in the morning till about 3 in the afternoon, we didn't use the full eight hours cause the rain was getting pretty bad.

The ride home was pretty uneventful, Jordan slept, Jac read her book, their mom drove and Brad just talked...I did nothing...(I am boring.) One thing that did happen was I learned that one of my friends from school just engaged so that was pretty cool, I don't know the girl, but that's ok for now.

We got back home the my friends' house and unpacked all the ski stuff. I showed Jac how to post pics and videos on facebook before we left for youth group at my church. I am a "listener" for the TNT (Tweens iN Traning) 4th though 6th graders. One of the kids i listen too, Noah, just finished his book, we are talking about memorizing over 100 verses of the Bible; plus the books of the Bible, Old and New Testament; very cool if you ask me.

To close this up, I don't want this to be all about me...even though I'm such an awesome person..(jk). But really, I am rereading though the book of Joshua, and God has been teaching me to really trust on Him, and in His time. Hopefully I will keep current with this and try to make it interesting for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment