Saturday, April 25, 2009

What is the Reason?

I wrote this actually for yesterday’s post, but I didn’t post it for some reason. Why do we put God on hold and go off and do our own thing? God loves us yet we push Him into the corner. Why? We say we are Christians, but never change; we act like nothing ever happened. Right after I was thinking this a song came on: Empty Me by Chris Sligh. The lyrics that caught my attention was in the chorus:

Empty me, Of the selfishness inside, Every vain ambition, And the poison of my pride, And any foolish thing my heart holds to, Lord empty me of me, So I can be, Filled with you. The thing that I keep remembering is at the beginning of the chorus as it repeats the second time, “I know how I can stray, And how fast my heart could change”

God, let Your light shine through the darkness of this world, “Cuz everything is a lesser thing, Compared to you, Compared to you, Cuz everything is a lesser thing, Compared to you, So I surrender all!

IDK...let me know what you think...I enjoy getting feedback.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I know what you mean. Even though God has saved us and Jesus has washed away our sins, the sin nature remains. we have to constantly fight back and strive to be more like Him.

    ReplyDelete