Saturday, April 18, 2009

Good Day.

Today was just one of those days...you know, the ones that everything just seem to go...right?

First off I got to play guitar today, I haven't done that in a while. That was fun. And I did a bunch of sanding on our door, which we also put wood finish on too. The weather was wonderful, it didn't rain at all, and I kept thinking it was going too. I wanted to go to the cafe today but couldn't as you will see in a bit. And secondly we got our phones upgraded. I have needed an upgrade (actually just a working phone) since before Thanksgiving. The battery was drained and never worked, I couldn't make a single call without having the phone beep "low battery" as soon as the other person would pick up their end. We finally left our house at 7:00PM to head to Batavia...I could not get my dad off Facebook...he is such a FB addict...So we (me and dad) ended up going to the Verizon store in Batavia...but they had no good deals (something for free). That was a problem cause my dad does not like spending money if he can get something of equal or greater...or lesser value...for free.

Since the Verizon store was a miss I told Dad that we should check out the Verizon kiosk in BJ's, where we got the good deal last time. HIT! They were running a special for 3 Motorola Moto UV204's for free with the purchase of ANY phone. We also had a $50 credit to apply toward a phone. Well, I wanted to maximize our purchase and noticed this pretty cool looking phone for $49.95 (after $50 mail-in rebate)...SCORE! $50 credit applied to phone with an immediate price of $99.95-$50.00 mail-in rebate=FREE! I told Dad, and used my persuasiveness (I told him that we might as well spend all the credit we are given cause they won't carry it over.) to convince him that we should get the Krave and give it to me. The Krave has a touch screen like a PDA, but a flip cover like a standard flip phone to protect it...and the flip is clear and actually the touch screen is made to opperate through the cover, which is pretty cool. I also found out I need to be VERY careful since if I was to just buy the phone...it would cost $360!

So yeah, we bought the phone, I love the phone, and I'm still trying to work out the texting issue (so I can txt with the phone)...but we are making some progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment