Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Notepad blogging. Sunday. No Half-Jobs from HIM!

April 19, Sunday:
Today was awesome, I got to lead worship with Jac and Laura; they did a really good job. We played guitars tonight, we did a couple songs that we weren't too familiar with, but I think we did a really good job. ALL PRAISE TO GOD! He saw us through. I played for all the songs and Jac and Laura switched on and off of the other guitar...half way through the main set of songs my wrist started KILLING me. It was hurting so bad I started messing up; and I thought I wouldn't be able to play the rest of the songs, but like I said, "God saw us through." I prayed that I would be at least be able to finish the songs, that God would slow the spread of the pain till after service, but the amazing happened...have you ever noticed that when God does something, He does it perfectly? Like He never does a half-job? Have you ever noticed that?...OK back to the story...the amazing happened when I was about to stop and give up, starting to believe that this was a sign from God wanting me to stop, when my wrist hurt so bad that I couldn't actually bend it...the pain stopped...not like stopped spreading, but stopped...ceased to indwell my arm, wrist and hand. It was amazing...but that's not all folks, we were playing the song "Give Us Clean Hands" and I have been experimenting with doing different bar chords from different octives to change the sound up a little bit, but none of the standard chords were sounding right at all. Generally that is a sign that there is a problem with tuning...or the player. And since I tuned the guitar with a tuner just before playing, I knew it had to be me. But once again I felt this feeling to move out of my comfort zone (...into the realm of the unknown, were Jesus is, and He's holding out His hands...) and try something I have been learning and practicing for months. I prayed before doing this change, and God blessed me once again with this ability, and IT SOUNDED GOOD! So...have you ever noticed that when God does something, He does it perfectly? Like He never does a half-job? Have you ever noticed that?

Our God,
Is an awesome God,
He reigns...

Check this video out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lvTsn32pWg

1 comment: