Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Goodbye Blood and Strength.

Monday:
Did I mention I gave blood on Saturday? I don't think I did. Well I gave blood on Saturday. K, I mentioned it. Well Monday I had my typical weight lifting class...only I couldn't lift ANYTHING with my arms. It was pretty bad. I had karate class today too; we did parts of a black belt test, which was kinda annoying. The thing that killed me was having to do 80 snap kicks in 90 seconds and 80 knee smashes in 90 seconds...I pulled one groin muscle doing the snap kicks and the other doing the knee smashes...so yeah. It kinda hurt to walk...but I wasn't walking with a noticeable change...least I tried not too.

In between weight lifting and karate I watched some Steel Roots DVDs. For those of you who don't know, Steel Roots is a group of Christian professional snowboarders. Jim Rippy is the oldest guy, he is 33 at the time of the filming. They do some pretty crazy stuff and also have a time of devotion at the end of each episode. One of the things I tpyed into my phone when I heard it was, "when we stress out about something, it is because our perspective is not on Christ." I thought, "how true is that?" He is the author and finisher of our faith, when we thing, "Oh crap, I can't do this!" You know what? You are 100% right! Hate to break it to you like this but...YOU CAN'T! Not me, but Christ, Who worketh THROUGH ME! When we start applying God's principles to our lives, things change. Things will change in drastic ways; He knows what is best for you and all you have to "do" is for us to yield our control to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment