Thursday, April 23, 2009

Early Morning Bible Study

This morning I was sitting in my dad’s truck, just reading my Bible before class. I just opened up my Bible and it fell to Hosea. Hosea was commanded to take a prostitute at wife. As I read these verses about how Hosea was to name his children, Jezreel,

" 4 Then the LORD said to Hosea, ‘Call him Jezreel, because I will soon punish the house of Jehu for the massacre at Jezreel, and I will put an end to the kingdom of Israel. 5 In that day I will break Israel's bow in the Valley of Jezreel’.”

I saw this in sorts as Hosea took this harlot, in the same way as Israel was given to harlotry with other gods. I have tried to take all that I have learned and somehow apply it to my life in some way. One way that I can see this in our daily lives is when we give ourselves to things other than God. Our fleshy lusts, which command our attention from the One Who should be getting out full attention; our “gods” that take the place of Him.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I sure wouldn't have been able to pull that out of Hosea. Probably that is why not too many sermons are preached from that book.

    ReplyDelete