Friday, August 28, 2009

Tuesday, August 25, 2009.

I woke up this morning kind of sore from yesterday but nothing too bad; I had no idea what was going to happen. I ate the apple in my fridge that I picked up from dinner last night about 5:45-ish just so I would have some sugar in me since I didn’t eat a big dinner and have enough time before practice so I wouldn’t cramp up too much. Practice wasn’t too spectacular…at the beginning, we did our 5 laps and I actually stayed up with the group despite my legs; we did passing drills, which is when I started getting tired out and fast. We ran another 5 laps before doing the ball control and pushup drills; then we got a 3 min break before running to Cosmo’s and back…today we “picked up the pace”…I was already so dead from all of the stuff we did prior to running to Cosmo’s that I was beat. I stayed with the pack down to Cosmo’s where we took a 2 min stretching break, then we started back. We didn’t even turn off the street that Cosmo’s was on when I started to fall behind. The guys got a pretty good distance ahead of me when they turned around, ran back to me, and pretty much pushed me to the end…literally. Josh, the RA, had his hands on my back pushing me forward around the same pace that we started out with…it was murder; I was so afraid I was going to fall, my legs were so dead, my arms were so dead, my body was so dead, that I didn’t think I could stay on my feet any longer. The guys ran about 300-400 extra yards because of me on that run. After that I was feeling pretty sick, like I was going to throw up; we scrimmaged offence/defense and I was so sick I could barely stand. Coach just pulled me from the field since I wouldn’t have asked for a break; I tried to just walk it off, but I couldn’t my muscles were so sore, and I just kept feeling like I was going to throw up. It was nearing 8:00, when Isaiah, one of the guys on the team, was going after the ball and collided with another guy, Evan, and took each other out; there was a huge smack, like two pieces of plastic smashed together, except no one was wearing shin guards and that sound was bone on bone. Coach dismissed all of us to head back to take showers and eat; I took my shower, ate my other apple and headed to breakfast. My stomach hurt so bad, I barely ate anything even though I was so hungry; so I headed back to the dorm and tried to sleep; I ended up NOT sleeping but rather getting sick. I finally fell asleep around 11:30 only to wake up at 12:00 and not feeling any better; I saw Coach on the way to the bathroom and he asked me how I was and what was up and he told me to get better for the game tomorrow and not to come to practice unless I was 100% (I was NO WHERE near 10%...more like -300%). He left and talked to the nurse and she gave me some pills that would help calm my stomach down as to not throw up anymore, along with some saltine crackers, and a little ginger ale. As I’m writing this I have been here in the dorm for almost 12 hours; my stomach has calmed down and the only thing that hurts now is all my muscles; my lats and abs are killing me, and that is what the nurse was thinking was causing me to be so sick was because the amount of pain in my abdominals. But since I have been in the dorm, all I have eaten were some saltines, but haven’t eaten anything “real” since I ate a sausage and a half scoop of home fries this morning. But I am still alive, God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment