Sunday, July 12, 2009

July 9th, Thursday. Day 4.

Today is the day when decisions are made. Often the bon fire is the most powerful night. Not because of what we do, but what God chooses to do. The day was spent in anticipation for the miracles that God was going to do. He hadn’t done them yet, but I was waiting on Him to. Last night I talked to one of my campers and he recommitted to reading his Bible more and being a better Christian; tonight another one of my campers recommitted his life, asking for forgiveness for what he has done, and was truly broken and wanting to live for Him. It was amazing how God works. As we walked back from the bonfire my camper asked me if we would be able to talk tonight; during the bonfire I watched as God worked on this young man and could see him fight God in his body language sitting there on the ground. We ended up talking for quite a while and he poured his heart and life out to me. I told him that all those things could be wiped away and God could restore their relationship.

I told him that either that he could pray and tell God what he wanted to say, or I could help him through the prayer. He chose to pray himself and you could tell that it was coming from the heart. Well he ended up praying himself and it was amazing; just how God works and makes everything go according to His plan.

God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment