Sunday, July 12, 2009

July 8th, Wednesday. Day Three.

I thought today was going to be a good day, it still maybe. Alex is no longer at camp because his problems are only getting worse. I feel that somehow this was Satan’s attack to prevent him from gaining a deeper knowledge of who God is. I failed with telling him how God cares about him and wants a closer relationship with him, but it just seems that all I have done was teach the kids sports. That isn’t my goal, so I failed. It is the “hill day”, half-way done. I need to talk to my kids on a deeper level and really find a more proactive way of getting through to these guys.

There is still a couple more hours (like 7) before the day is up, and I need to spend them wisely.

As the day progressed my legs started to hurt more and more, by the time chapel ended I was feeling pretty sick. I hurt and it hurt so bad I did not feel well. We played WWIII (more running) and by the time that ended I could not really take it anymore. I asked Cody to take over for me and prepared to head back to the cabin. I had to let all my campers know that they answered to Cody in my stead but I could not find Andrew. Last I had seen him he was with another kid from cabin 19 and Spidey hadn’t seen him either.

No comments:

Post a Comment