Thursday, May 7, 2009

It could have been worse...

Well today was not a BAD day...it wasn't all that of a good day. We have been watching Rent for the last class and today, and I have a major problem with it and I only watch 50 min of it! I know, there may be some of you people who REALLY LOVE the production, but, I do not...now I do not hate ALL of it...only parts of it. What I DO like: 1) the music, it is awesome, from what I saw of it the guitar playing and other instruments were awesome together...unfortunately that's all I have to say on that side of things...here's what I did NOT like about it: 1) it was lewd, the HUGELY emphasized sexual themes and nudity were all very much uncalled for; 2) the almost glorification of drug use and reference needed not be there; and lastly (there is more but it is included by these main themes) 3) the production is mainly about community love...but really the whole thing is about lust, plain and simple...whether it was lust from Roger (HIV possitive musician) towards Mimi (HIV positive exotic dancer), or one girl for another in the case of the lesbians Maureen (bisexual performance artist) and Joanne Jefferson (a lawyer and lesbian), or one guy for another in the case of Angel (a gay drag queen percussionist with AIDS) and Tom (a gay philosophy professor and anarchist with AIDS). So yeah...this goes against pretty much everything I believe and don't think it was worth watching 50 min. of it at all...

1 comment:

  1. Definitely writing that down on my list of movies not to watch!

    ReplyDelete